Monday, July 31, 2006


Another weekend without Mike's sailboat!!
Even though the sailing scares me half to death, I am begining to look forward to having the boat to go to on the weekends. Here are a few photos of what we have been doing with our weekends without the sailboat. I like biking as much as the next person, but this past weekend it was in the upper 90's and the humidity was just plain awful. Why then, you might ask are we on bikes.
I DONT KNOW!!!! Mike loves the heat, always has. And I hate the heat, always have. And so his one consession to me is that we go and are done before noon. The picture of me is what Mike usually sees from where he is on our rides. He is usually this far ahead no matter how fast I try to pedal. Don't worry, he installed a rear view mirror to keep track of me. And I do see him checking it every so often. It's OK, I am alone with my thoughts. There are several very nice bike trails here in our fair city. Most of them are fairly level and even through the trees to provide some relief from the sun.

5 Comments:

Blogger Mike Angie Patrick Aaron said...

When we were kids, dad used to go with us on the Boy Scout biking trips in northern WI. Don't worry mom - he left me behind too. You are not alone on that. Maybe I should take him biking out here . . . perhaps my chance to get back at him.

6:46 PM  
Blogger Chet and Gini said...

When the kids were younger, we used to ride our bikes all over the place - and the heat never really bothered me, either. Ever since I had back problems, though, I have been leary of getting on a bike - all that bending over. I think it's nice that you get out and do things together.

3:10 AM  
Blogger Missy said...

maybe you should get a cycle rickshaw - he can peddle as fast as he wants and you can sit under an umbrella sipping a cool drink. You're still spending time together, right?

1:06 PM  
Blogger Katy said...

Mom put that pic of Pop-o on there creating the illusion that she was riding with him that weekend. No she was comfy at home eating bon bons while I was out with him on a 30 mile ride.
What a yarn spinner.

6:35 PM  
Blogger Chet and Gini said...

I still like Missy idea

5:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home