Thursday, June 29, 2006


I spent the first half of this week back in Beaver Dam, Wisconsin, visiting my very dear friends Tom and JoAnn. (pictured here with Mike & me at Parras, MX in 2003) It was so nice to be back in my favorite town that we had lived in for 11 years in the 1980's. Some things about BD never change, and then some things have changed dramatically. We have known Tom and Jo for over 25 years and could fill pages talking of our good times together. They were the only friends who actually made the trip to Torreon to visit. And no matter how much time passes between visits, we are never akward with each other, and can always find things to talk about. (esp. Jo and I) One morning I was in their back yard taking Gracie for her potty walk, I looked out over the yard and was watching bunnies romping together to the left, and squirrels playing to my right, and birds everywhere singing and flitting about. I felt like I was in a Walt Disney movie!! I half expected Snow White to start singing, "Some day my Prince will come...." Wow, life in Wisconsin, beautiful!! So, I lift my cup of Diet Coke to you Jo and Tom, you are the best. May we always be friends, and grow older together. But remember, I never intend to grow up.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chet and Gini said...

There is nothing quite like a good friend.

5:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home