Monday, June 19, 2006



Happy Father's Day to all the Dad's!! And a special Happy Father-to-be Day to my son Chris. I think you are all wonderful. Here are a few pictures of my Dad taken back years ago. I used the one in the kitchen because it is one of my fondest memories of my dad. Every Sunday dad would cook breakfast after Mass. Usually still in his Sunday clothes, as in this picture. He was a great cook and all the family would help with toast making, and table setting. Sometimes we would even "sing along with Mitch" records playing on the 'Hi-Fi'. That is how I learned all the words to the real oldies, not 50-60's rock & roll, but tunes like, 'Dont fence me in.' I miss my dad.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chet and Gini said...

I love that photo of your Dad in the kitchen. One of my most vivid memories of him was the 4th of July and Mom being terrified he was going to blow an arm off, but for us kids, your Dad was always a fun person to be around

5:08 AM  
Blogger Katy said...

I miss him too, Momma.
The last memory I have of him not chair/bed ridden was the morning after he almost went into a diabetic coma- he got up after feeling so sick the night before and he made me bacon, eggs, and biscuits. He still had that rascally way about him and I felt so good having my grandpa make me breakfast. He had a lot of love to give :)

4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home