Tuesday, May 16, 2006



What with Mother's day and all, I have been remembering my dear mother-in-law. Even after all these years, I still miss talking with her. Now that I am back in the USA and watching USA television and therefore commercials I often wonder what she would say about them. I remember how stupid commercials would bug her and she would want to write to the companies and tell them just how offensive the ads are. My current candidate for most offensive commercial is a candy commercial where a candy bar lands in a drum of 'something' and the idiot reaches in and come out minus an arm. So of course, he puts his other arm in it and loses that one also. The final scene is a second guy getting ready to stick his arm into the drum. Now, really, that is just sick!!! Anyone else want to suggest a candidate?

3 Comments:

Blogger Chet and Gini said...

I too miss Mom. She didn't just want to write to companies - sometimes she did. I have a copy of a letter she sent about a candy bar - I'll have to dig it up and send it to you - or maybe I'll post it. I have another one about panty hose. It will make you laugh. Mom had a unique way to get her point across.

3:25 AM  
Blogger Missy said...

What a great picture. I love her.

8:08 AM  
Blogger Obert Life is Good said...

On Mom's deathbed, she was virtually unable to communicate. she would try, but the swelling on her brain kept her verbal skills at essentially none. However, she would get frustrated and you could clearly make out her favorite curse.... "Oh Shit!"

6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home