Thursday, July 03, 2008





CONGRATULATIONS, MIKE!!!

Well, it is semi-official!! Mike, after 40 years of service has retired from Deere. Yesterday was his last day at the office, and now he has over of month of medical leave, and then 10 months of vacation time. Then he will be offically retired. There were two good-by parties for him, a morning coffee for the factory and then a dinner party in the evening. It was very nice, and we will both miss being part of the working Deere family. But we have things to do, places to go, and people to see and it is time to move on. Life, the greatest adventure.

And to my darling husband. I am very proud of you, and happy to have shared these past 40 years galavanting all over the globe with you as part of the life with Deere. And I look forward to this next adventure. Still crazy after all these years.

6 Comments:

Blogger Katy said...

I love you Pop-o.
Too bad mom couldn't find a more enthusiastic photo of you. This post is almost a before and after of what 40 years of work at one place can do to someone. I'm proud of you, though. I'm proud of your dedication, hard work, and moral fiber. You made a lot of things possible for us kids and I appreciate it and hope I don't take you too much for granted.

7:52 PM  
Blogger Chet and Gini said...

Congratulation Mike. It's really an achievement in this day and age - no one stays so long at a company anymore. Don't know if that is a good or a bad thing - but part of me thinks we are missing something with those years of dedication

7:07 AM  
Blogger Obert Life is Good said...

Congrats, but boy are you old. In some ways I envy you... hopefully I'll be in your shoes in a 8 - 10 years.

Good luck on the surgery. Mary & I were thinking of visiting you soon after you've had a chance to get back on your feet. Beware of the nurse who comes in to give your your bath at 4:00 in the morning!

7:23 PM  
Blogger Mike Angie Patrick Aaron said...

Contratulations Dad! Now what hobby will you find that will not drive mom crazy?

Mike Angie Patrick Aaron

8:44 AM  
Blogger Mike Angie Patrick Aaron said...

Grandpa,
You look kind of weird in that first picture.
Love,
Patrick

10:15 PM  
Blogger Rissa said...

Wow fourty years! I can't imagine what 40 years at one place would be like. Enjoy your newfound retirement.

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home