Saturday, March 17, 2007


This lovely sight is part of the reason I have not been posting lately. I guess old man winter was thinking "better late than never" because he came to visit twice in a matter of weeks to wreck havoc on this part of the midwest. Mike and I were stuck in Cedar Rapids one weekend because the streets were ice here in Cedar Falls. I went to Cedar Rapids to get Mike from the airport there, and it started to ice. The second night in the hotel was without power. A very interesting situation, but I am sorry to say that it was not the first time Mike and I had spent time in a hotel without electricity. But it was the coldest. What a mess!! Then the following week, we were hit with a second storm of ice and snow. The picture you see here was taken several days after that storm. We had inches of ice on the drive for days. This past week I went to Coffeyville, Kansas with Mike for a few days and when we returned all this snow was gone. But this is still Iowa, so, is winter really gone or just hiding?
PS HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY, EVERYONE!!!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Mike Angie Patrick Aaron said...

Well, I ceratinly don't miss the uncertainty of the weather and all the cold/snow/etc. We probably hit close to 100 degrees here today! :) It's been great having the windows open and it's not too hot yet that the air has to be on. Although too many days of it, being pregnant, may not be too fun. Supposed to get back in the 80s later this week. Happy St. Patrick's Day!

10:09 PM  
Blogger Chet and Gini said...

Did you see the photo's Mandy sent? I can't help it - I still like all that snow - but I am looking forward to spring. Change is good!

5:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home