Sunday, February 18, 2007


A night out.
As part of my Christmas gift from Mike, he bought us tickets to see "The Phantom of the Opera" at the Civic Center in Des Moines. It was the first time I have seen a professional productions in a LONG time. It was wonderful! I could have looked at the Masquerade scene for an hour. There was just so much to see! The costumes were so good. The singing was good. That effects were so good that I think I will have permanent spots on my retina from the flashes!!
To add to the evening we stayed in the Renaissance Savery Hotel in downtown Des Moines. It is an historic elegant hotel that is beautifully kept up with some of the best service I have received anywhere. Our room was on the 10th floor, (only 11 in the whole hotel) and the view from our room was of the Capital building. Downtown Des Moines has a skywalk and we were able to walk to our restaurant and the Civic center without cumbersome coats. This time of year, that is a real luxury!! The whole weekend was so much fun, that I am hoping to get tickets to "Spamalot" that I saw is coming there in July, and do it all over again. My darling husband knows me well, and I think this was one of the best Christmas gifts he has given me to date. It was so good that I hardly noticed that I had to 'rub thighs ' with the man sitting on the opposite of me from Mike. I realized that he was quite large and that he had no other place to put his arms than over the arm rest, but if he would have just made an effort to sit this his knees together I would not have had to get WAAAYYY to close and personal with his leg. uck, shiver! At least, he was wearing some really pleasant mens after shave/colone. (I told you it was close in those seats)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time!! Too bad you had to rub thighs with that stranger but like you said at least he smelled good. The last pofessional production that we saw was "Wicked" here in Cincinnati last winter. We enjoyed it very much. I've heard that "Spamalot" is really good too, some of the ladies that I work with saw it when it was here not too long ago.

4:10 PM  
Blogger Chet and Gini said...

What a wonderful time. I already have my tickets for this summer at Porthouse, We are going to see "Sweet Charity", "Pump Boys and Dinette" and one other that I can't remember right now, I love live, professional theater!

4:42 AM  
Blogger Katy said...

You deserve it Mom for putting up with that grumpy old man.

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home