Friday, September 19, 2008

Last night Mike and I went to downtown Phoenix to see what was advertised as a 'pre Broadway' production. It was called "Blackbeard, the musical". And it was quite good. My favorite character was Bonnett, the former gentleman pirate. What a hoot! Of course that old pirate husband of mine enjoyed it. We were surprised that the seats we bought just last week were center stage and only 3 rows from the orchestra. And those three rows were empty. Best seats we have had for only $35.00 each! And it was quite a professional performance.
I also have seen where "The Lion King" is coming to Tempe this January. I have wanted to see that for such a long time. So I checked on TicketMaster for tickets. I was complaining to Mike what a rip it was because Ticketmaster charges $11.00 per ticket 'convenience charge' and then another $3.50 per ticket for building fee???? So I started checking out other ways to get tickets and found that Ticketmaster is a gem compared to other prices. One place offered balcony tickets for $425.00 each!!!! Ticketmaster prices for balcony seating is $77.00. (before convenience and building fees) For me to pay $425.00 the seat would have to be riding on the back of "The Lion King". So now I apologize to TicketMaster and will be paying both the convenience and building charges without further complaint.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home