Wednesday, September 17, 2008


We have been at the house in Arizona now for almost a month this time. Here are a few things I want to share with you about life here. First of all, and most obvious is that it is HOT! I hope I never have to spend the whole summer here. It feels hotter than the summers I spent in Torreon. But Mike and I get up early and take a morning walk before the heat of the sun is too bad. We see Hot air balloons nearly every morning. That is something we don't see everyday in Iowa. Another sight and sound we don't have in Iowa are the wild donkeys. Today we came upon a little family of wild donkeys off the side of the road. I did not have my camera and the pic I took with the cell phone is awful, so I cannot share that sight yet. We have been hearing them brae in the evenings and they sounded like there were right in the neighborhood. I have also spotted a coyote in the 'hood. A few things we have spotted here that we do not have in Iowa that are not so swell are the scorpions and the tarantulas . We found a scorpion inside the house and the tarantula on the back patio. So we have a bug spray service now and I hope to have seen the last of both of those.

We will be heading back to our beloved midwest for the rest of fall and a much anticipated visit with Chris and Tricia and Maddie. I have also missed my little Lucia. I understand she can whistle now!?

1 Comments:

Blogger Chet and Gini said...

The donkeys would be fun to see. Are they afraid of people or do they let you get close to them? Can't say I'd be too thrilled with the other creatures in and around my house, either.

3:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home