Wednesday, January 09, 2008








Here is my favorite mixed matched Nativity Set. Part I painted way back in the 70's, and the rest I picked up a few peices a year from the Christmas Market in Torreon. The oversized baby is a Mexican tradition. In fact I had to argue with the vendor to buy one this small. The devil is also a Mexican tradition. As far as I could understand, it was to symbolize that evil is always lurking around. I esp. like the 'extras', the tent, the fire pits, the animals and the cart. It just does not feel like Christmas until I get this put up.


4 Comments:

Blogger Katy said...

As much as I love this craft theme- You know I'm just waiting to see the pictures you took in Arizona.

5:46 PM  
Blogger Mike and Annette said...

OK, check tomorrow. I had to re-upload my camera to this computer. for some reason every time I tried to upload a picture on my laptop, it would knock me off aol.
Weird.

6:00 PM  
Blogger Chet and Gini said...

I love your creche - what about the stable, did you make that?  I always wonder what happened to the one Mom and Dad had

3:24 AM  
Blogger Mike and Annette said...

The Creche is another purchase from the Christmas market in Torreon. They were wonderful,hand made and all sizes!!!

4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home