Monday, December 04, 2006

Travel Woes!
Let me see if I can report this correctly. Mike left Iowa to come to Seattle only to be stopped in Chicago because of 'mechanical trouble' causing him to spent the night there and arriving in Seattle a day later. When he and Christopher went to the Packer/Seahawk game they got caught in a rare Seattle snowstorm and it took them 6 hours to get home. A whole 10 mile trip, but the streets were all ice covered and many exits were closed and traffic at a standstill. In fact that were lucky to get home at all because many people spent the night in their cars. (Mike will say it was his driving and navagational skills that got them home, but I'm not going there) Then the next day the streets were still so bad that we could not get to the airport so Mike spent an extra day in Seattle. When he finally left Seattle but he got stuck in Dallas because of bad weather and spent the night there before going on to Torreon, MX. When he was due to fly out of Torreon there was doubt about his leaving once more due to airplane trouble. But he did make it to Iowa on Saturday, as planned only to discover that his car had a flat tire. Thank you Katy for taking care of that for him. I dont know, but I think I will not travel with him until he stands on his head and spins around 3 times to change his travel luck!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Chet and Gini said...

Wow - I am glad he made it home okay. We tend to think of all the traveling as glamorous - but this is certainly the downside! I did wonder about you guys when I saw the snowstorm in the news. Alas - we have no snow yet - and yes I am looking forward to it!

4:06 PM  
Blogger Missy said...

That is terrible! I can't imagine that happening to the "other" Mike. Traveling with him to Iowa was pretty intense - I can't believe Mom goes so many places with him.

I watched the football game, it was pretty crazy to see.

9:08 PM  
Blogger Katy said...

I curious how Mike M. is bad at traveling...

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home