Sunday, April 30, 2006

Here is one of the oddities of life. For years I bought cheap coffee makers. Usually did not pay over $20.00 for one. And they worked fine for years at a time. This time I bought a Cuisinart grind and brew coffee maker, paid over $125.00. I bought this maker in February, and here it is April and it is not working properly. I called Cuisinart and they have graciously offered to replace it. But I have to pay to have it shipped there, and then send them $10.00 to have the new one shipped to me. It seems to me that if I pay that kind of money for a 'top of the line' coffee maker, it should 1) last more then 2 months, and 2) they should be paying me to have their defective product replaced. Such is life, but I just don't understand!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Katy said...

I registered for that coffee maker. Maybe I should look for a differnt one. I want mine to grind and brew on a timer.

3:52 PM  
Blogger sawbewitched said...

Oh no! That is a bummer. A few weeks ago we purchased a Cuisinart coffee maker also. We like you usually bought the less expensive ones too. We did not get the one with the grind option but it was still $80. Good luck with the exchange.

6:24 PM  
Blogger Chet and Gini said...

If we learned anything from Mother O, it should be don't take that for an answer! Tell them you expect them to pay the shipping - if the person says they can't - ask for their supervisor. Make sure they know it is on your blog - and that you blog is connected to other blogs. And the funnier you can make the story - the better!

7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home