Friday, September 22, 2006

It has been a strange week. I had lost an item that was very dear to me. I just could not locate it. I was telling my friends about the loss and how upset I was and one of them asked me if I had prayed to the patron saint of lost items. Neither of us could remember from our Catholic upbringing who that was though I remember as a kid asking someone up there for help. So to make a long story longer, she looked up the saint for me and I figured it could do no harm and I was desperate. So I did, I say a little prayer to St. Anthony of Padua. My friend said she would also. Did it work?? Well, I did recover the lost item I was so worried about. And from a source that I thought was hopeless. Then I recovered a set of keys that I had lost in a garden store in Pella, Iowa, then I found a pair of favorite sunglasses missing for years, and the topper is that I found a travel alarm clock that Mike and I have been looking for over 5 years!!! So there you are. You can draw your own conclusions. Me, I keeping up the power of prayer.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chet and Gini said...

Prayer is amaxinb. It's not that a miracle happens, or that St. Anthony came down and put the lost items in front of you. I think prayer changes us. Perhaps your mind was cleared of the anxiety of looking and so you could see.

7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home